So looking back at some old Facebook notes from the past year, I found this one pretty interesting – particularly for being almost exactly 1 year old. More has happened in this last year than any other in recent memory and I find this an interesting reflection on where I’ve been… and where I’m going…
1. I am NOT the bad influence Josip makes me out to be, I can actually be worse.
2. I have a large collection of older brothers despite being the eldest of three girls – the sum total of my parents’ actual children.
3. Every time I see a moth, I think my little sister is checking on me, CVH ’88-’03… I miss her everyday.
4. I don’t think my sister knows just how much I love her and that she is the first person I would kill for and die for.
5. No, I do not go out every night.
6. I am terrified of clowns.
7. My godfathers couldn’t decide who got me, so I have a couple – but only one godmother.
8. I really don’t know what to answer when people ask me what I do for a living or where I work – it REALLY does depend on the day of the week and time of day.
9. I bitch and complain about having to work all day, every day but I wouldn’t give it up if I had the choice.
10. I’ve only been living back in Jamaica for four and half years – but the new friends I’ve made and the old friends that have come back into my life have made it worth the headache.
11. I can hold a grudge like no one else… my longest to date is 24 years – it only ended because the other party died – and I have no regrets.
12. I always thought I would have had my first child by the time I was 30, then I talked myself out of that notion, got talked back into it – disaster – wonder now if I will ever have kids of my own.
13. I still think 13 is a lucky number.
14. I really, really, really want to win the lotto – to pay off my US$ student loan.
15. I am more likely to lose my temper completely if I am quiet, than if I am shouting and breaking stuff.
16. I really am very idle… and it does get me into trouble quite often.
17. I only have 6 tattoos, even though the most recent one is still incomplete and large enough to maybe count as 2.
18. I don’t have ink for fashion, all my tattoos mean something important to me whether it be a time, a place, a feeling or an event – my version of keeping a journal.
19. Despite being a sucker for punishment, I only have one piercing (not counting the 6 in my ears)… I can take hours of ink but not 5 seconds of a piercing.
20. I don’t think I’m funny, but I’ve been told I should be a comedian (a two person team with none other than my sister, to be exact).
21. I’m thankful for the relationship I have with my parents at this stage in life and realize that we were never this close until I moved to another country.
22. I would have already been pursuing my Phd if it weren’t for this mortgage-like student loan for my first 2 degrees.
23. I enjoy living alone… but I miss my pillow.
24. I don’t drink as much as people think I do, my bartenders know how to pour me a drink that looks like everyone else’s but has no alcohol just for appearances.
25. I’ve almost been deported FROM Jamaica… twice.
Some of these sentiments remain… others, oh how they have changed. Once 2010 is a couple weeks in, I’ll take another stab at this and see just how different my life really has become.